We have an amazing line-up of local celebrities and community builders ready to convince you on October 15th that “their” book should be your next read.
This year we are making things REALLY interesting by asking our Champions to choose the book they will be defending at Waterloo Reads. The list will be announced soon so stay tuned!
Meet this year’s Waterloo Reads Champions and discover the books they are defending.
- Lori Campbell, University of Waterloo Aboriginal Education Centre – “Halfbreed” by Maria Campbell
- Lynn Macauley, Initiative Coordinator with the Homelessness & Housing Umbrella Group (HHUG) – “The Break” by Katherena Vermette
- Matt White, Green Light Arts – “Zeitoun” by Dave Eggers
- Pam Patel, MT Space – “The Marrow Thieves” by Cherie Dimaline
- Sharon Lloyd, Waterloo Regional Police Service – “We Were the Lucky Ones” by Georgia Hunter
- Bashar Jabbour, Spoken Word Poet – “Homegoing” by Yaa Gyasi
- R.J. Johnston, 98.5 CKWR – “Mythos : the Greek myths retold” by Stephen Fry
- Kathleen “The Lady From the Front Row” Lambert (thank YOU for stepping in and stepping up!)